New Product Release: Wand EV Battery Supply September 08 2022
The Wand EV Battery Supply is designed to get the best out of the already low noise floor of the Wand 14-4 Turntable and Wand EQ Phono stage.
As a battery supply The Wand EV provides a silent stable electrical basis for both these products while also having the capability providing big momentary currents to maximise dynamics of the system. A bit like the acceleration of an EV car.
- ~8 hours running time when fully charged (Overnight charging)
- One EV can run Wand 14-4 Turntable & EQ Phono Stage at the same time.
- Allows direct comparison between battery and mains power supplies.
- Can be used totally independently from the mains.
- Mains supply allows you to continue to listen to music while charging.
- 24V Sealed Lead-Acid Battery (Centre positive)
- May be shipped without special arrangements as there is no risk of fire.
- Plywood case designed to visually match Wand 14-4 turntable and Wand EQ Phono stage. (A double sized Wand EQ phono case).
- Hand-made in Aotearoa / New Zealand.
- Dimensions; 210w x 255d x 48h
- Weight; ~3.6kg (unit)
- Price TBA but approximately 75% of Wand EQ
- Available November 2022
- So new, we haven’t even got proper photos!
Wand EV User Comments (All comments are from Wand users who have changed from the standard supplies and in some cases after-market audiophile supplies):
- “There is an openness and transparency that feels more apparent than with my previous power source. It’s like the instruments are more separated, especially the Bass which feels tighter and more contained - ‘less muddy’. There is certainly no loss of bass notes, but it feels more like an instrument with its own identity than just tone within a song, especially with more complex rock music. The silence of the battery helps the depth and detail too. The unit is amazing, you are on to a winner” Dion
- “Definitely makes a difference. So far, I’ve noticed a clarity when listening at low levels. Bass is more extended too” Andy
- "With the EV powering my TT and EQ, improved musical dynamics and synergy across the full audio range are so impressive. Ian
- “… an improvement in all directions. Such a great difference and everything opens up way further and very organic to my liking. You are on to something, I’d say.” Himi