The Wand Turntable
Features/ Specification; Model 14-4 (14 inch / 4-layer platter)
- Big diameter 14 inch Smart Platter™.
- Large diameter (360mm) gives 20% more inertia than conventional platter of equivalent mass.
- Four-layer construction of platter damps vibration and noise transfer.
- Acrylic playing surface for vibration transfer from record for increased resolution.
- Screw down clamp with acrylic surface allows record label to be seen.
- German Plywood main structure. Asymmetric shape and internal machining to disperse noise and vibration.
- Zentroidal™ three point suspension system. The centroid of suspension, the stillest point, is close to the playing arc to maximise shock and vibration rejection.
- DC Motor with superb electronic speed control. 33 / 45rpm /78rpm switchable.
- Electronic braking for quick record changing.
- Will accommodate 9.5in / 10.3in or 12in Wand tonearms (or other brands)
- Swiss custom-made flat belt. This provides dynamic punch while maintaining noise isolation.
- Includes a stylish lid.
- Lid is mechanically outside the playing system
- Designed for cueing the record to the beginning when the lid is down.
- The lid stands upright on its back edge.
- Optional on-board phono stage designed by New Zealand’s PureAudio. Available November 2018
- Optional support for second 9.5in arm.
- 11kg (~480mm x 400mm x 120mm, ~19” x 15”3/4 x 5”)
- 100V- 240V AC 50-60Hz supply
- Handmade in New Zealand
Production Timeline; The Wand Turntable
Status at October 2018; We are running behind out timeline but there is progress! Several iterations of prototype have been built (Six in the latest batch) and are undergoing testing with customers and Distributors, as well as doing Shows. There will be demonstrations at Shows in Melbourne 12th October and RMAF and Capital Audio Fest in the US before the end of 2018.
The next step is a Pre-production batch of around ten units. These are being prepared now and will be sold direct to customers for trial. Ask if interested. priority is being given to Australasian customers so we can provide upgrades.(late October delivery).
Full production shipments will start to Australasia in December and the rest of the world, in the new year.
The first 'Inital Impressions' review has appeared on NZ site Witchdoctor Link
Comment from a listener after Milan Show 2018; “Speaking about your turntable I think it's VERY good! …..They put a very good jazz record on; the song I heard was o cover of "blue rondò" with a Hammond and a (tenor?) sax... Well, first I noticed the drum, it was explosive just like a Lenco, then the motor stability ... wow! (and an Hammond with Lesley who execute long notes, or a long saxophone whispered note are HARD to reproduce...I used to play drums in bands with Hammond and Brass). Well done, I'm pretty impressed (the bass is also really good)”