Introducing The Wand EQ Phono Stage July 31 2020
The Wand EQ Phono Stage was designed by our fellow Kiwis at Pureaudio and voiced by us to go with The Wand tonearm.
Its name EQ evolves from the fact that it was fine-tuned to maximise the Emotional Quotient of music that may be resolved in vinyl. It uses an extremely low noise dual J-FET input and power supply to compliment this and the detail resolution possible from The Wand 14-4 turntable and tonearm. It operates purely in Class A.
The Wand EQ is switchable for Moving Coil Cartridges or Moving Magnet cartridges and impedance / capacitance on the back panel. It is available as a stand-alone unit or as a module inside The Wand 14-4 turntable.
The stand-alone unit is housed in an acoustically inert plywood case on a tripod of feet for vibration isolation. Finally, in keeping with a product that is 90% handmade in Aotearoa / New Zealand, the plywood is hand rubbed with Manuka Beeswax polish, connecting with audio enthusiasts who literally want the unvarnished truth.
- Gain (@1kHz): MC 62dB, MM 40dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz within +/-0.3dB of RIAA spec
- Input Impedance: 82, 100, 475, 47k Ohms switchable (and 220pF switchable)
- Hum & Noise: >80dBA (referenced to 5mV input)
- Distortion: <0.01% in normal operation
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Power consumption: 2.5W