The Wand Data
Can I use The Wand? Data and fitting information.
The Wand Tonearm Data Sheet (PDF 230kB) shows the differences between Classic / Plus and Master Series arms,
The Wand Master Series Spec Sheet (PDF280 kB)
30 Second intro video Here
The Wand is designed around the Rega style mounting dimensions. Do check the height, some lids may hit.
Tell me about the mounts you have for my existing turntable / tonearm? The Wand mounts in a round hole (23-30mm) as with most turntables. The Wand Plus Installation PDF 1.1MB PDF and
The Wand Master Series Installation PDF 1.1MB PDF
The first three of five Installation videos are on Vimeo; (Each 3-5minutes long)
- Fitting & Balancing - Link
- Drilling the Mounting Hole - Link
- Fitting the Mount - Link
- Fitting the Arm & Setting Overhang - Link
- Vertical & Horizontal Balancing - Coming Soon
To ease the replacement an existing arm we offer the following guides; (Images above)
- Linn LP12 mounting Linn-Wand PDF 250kB
- SME style mounting hole SME-Wand PDF 200kB
- Technics SL1200 & SL1500 family turntables Technics-Wand PDF 650kB also here for instructions on removing Technics arms. See some Direct Drive Delights on Pinterest
- Lenco L75 family turntables (For direct mounting on the top plate and using the Lenco lifter) Lenco-Wand PDF 640kB There is a Pinterest Board with The Wand on Lencos.
- Thorens TD318 family turntables (And using the Thorens lifter) Thorens-Wand PDF 780kB
- Thorens TD160/150 family turntable (Option of using the Thorens lifter) Thorens TD160 Wand PDF 680kB
Will The Wand work on my suspended turntable? The Wand weighs ~500g (~1lb) this is similar to SME 3009 and a little heavier than Rega arms (420g). So it should be within the adjustment range of most turntables. For some turntables see; Cool Turntables
Will The Wand work with my cartridge?
The Wand is "Medium Mass" at 12.5g effective mass (15g for the 12in), so will work with most cartridges.
Even a high compliance cartridge like a Shure V15Vx gives a measured resonance at 7Hz, so is ok. At the other extreme, conventional low compliance cartridges work well. Arm/Cartridge matching is frequently over-stated, unless you have a system with massive bandwidth or insist on playing badly warped records, it shouldn't be an issue.
The most popular cartridge with our users are Denon DL103 or Ortofon 2M and variants of them both. (See the review pages)
Other cartridges that have been sucessfully used including Lyra, Decca London, Dynavector, Transfiguration and Grado. (Some images above and there are a lot more on a Pinterest Board, Wand Cartridge Collection )
Any more question?
Contact us on email@example.com